HEY! is an award-winning magazine by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) that delivers surprising facets of campus life into the palm of your hand. From inspirational success stories of students and graduates to news about our fast-developing campus and global achievements, every issue brings you the scoop from the ground.
The multi-platform integrated magazine has a fresh and breezy editorial style, offering an engaging read, and the print magazine now comes with exclusive augmented reality features. Since its debut in 2011, it has been recognised for its ability to provide a fun and effective way to learn more about NTU, and for helping to share the university’s successes.
In 2009, HEY! breathed new life into the printed world with augmented reality (AR). Through the NTU HEY! AR app, readers can turn photos in the magazine into videos, 3D objects, or even creatures that leap from the page into our world. The NTU HEY! AR app trended no.1 as the most downloaded education app on both the App Store and Google Play upon its launch.
Major Awards for HEY!
- ICCO Digital Awards 2020 – In-house Digital Team of the Year
- 2020 Golden World Award – Best Publication
- 2020 Gold Quill Award – Best of the Best
- 2020 Gold Quill Award – Excellence Award
- PR Awards Asia 2020 – Corporate Publications (Gold)
- PR Awards Asia 2020 – Best Use of VR/AR (Gold)
- PRISM 2019 Excellence Award – Outstanding Content
- Asia-Pacific Excellence Award 2018 (Storytelling)
- IABC 2018 Silver Quill Award – Publications
- IABC 2018 Silver Quill Award – Writing
- IABC 2018 Gold Quill Merit Award – Publications
- IABC 2018 Gold Quill Merit Award – Writing
- IPRA Golden World Awards 2017 – Best Publication
- IPRA Golden World Awards 2017 – Best Internal Communications
- PR Awards Asia 2017 – Corporate Publications (Bronze)
- IABC 2015 Gold Quill Excellence Award – Digital Communication
- IABC 2015 Gold Quill Merit Award – Multi-audience Communication
- PRWeek Awards Asia 2014 – Best Corporate Publication
- IPRA Golden World Awards 2013 – Best Publication
- Global Alliance COMM PRIX Awards 2013 – Best in Integrated Communications
- 2020 PR Awards – Best Employee Engagement/Internal Communications
- PRISM Awards 2017 – Outstanding Internal Communications Programme (Merit)
- Marketing Excellence Awards 2014 – Excellence in Content Marketing (Bronze)
- IoIC 2015 Award of Excellence – Best Ongoing Campaign
- IoIC 2015 Award of Excellence – Feature-led Magazine More Than Four Issues a Year
- MPAS Awards 2014 – Closed Circulation Media of the Year (Merit)
- PR Daily’s 2014 Nonprofit PR Awards – Best Publication (Honourable Mention)
HEY! is available across different platforms – print, online, tablet, mobile and TV, as well as on Telegram. Browse the magazine online for extra content including exclusive videos and more photos, and read it anywhere on the go on your tablets and mobile phones.
Besides the print and online versions of the magazine, you can also catch HEY! TV on screens around NTU’s campus.