From overseas with love

From its vibrant student life to its world-class learning environment, NTU’s cosmopolitan campus is a hit among exchange students from around the globe

by Foo Jie Ying

“I was surrounded by some of the brightest and most interesting people in the world, and I enjoyed the thought-provoking discussions and the lifelong friendships built. I had the opportunity to learn about cutting-edge technologies from world-class researchers. Great faculty members like Prof Yeong Wai Yee are very inspiring.”

Dimitris Boufidis
University of Sheffield, UK

“Living on the NTU campus was one of the best decisions I’ve made! It was social, fun and convenient to live near Nanyang Business School. Back when I was here in 2019, I often had meals at Crescent Hall a short walk away. They had this delicious Thai food stall that I still dream about to this day…”

Oda Hjelmeland
BI Norwegian Business School, Norway

“Seeing the pride of the students at NTU, whether it’s wearing a lanyard or an NTU club shirt, makes me proud to be an exchange student here. I’ve been lucky to experience the authentic university lifestyle and I really enjoy the student activities organised by my hall (such as games nights and volleyball) and making friends with both exchange and local students. I also love the architecture and am so lucky to have a class in The Hive! The view from up there is just spectacular.”

Jessica Aldridge
Curtin University, Australia

Join Jessica at one of her favourite spots on the NTU campus

“Some of my most memorable moments were going camping and sailing with the NTU Outdoor Adventure Club. This might sound funny, but I also really liked the McDonald’s Buttermilk Crispy Chicken burger with the grilled pineapple rings in it – it’s the perfect supper on campus. I have travelled to more than 20 countries, but never found something quite the same.”

Berkay Barlas
Koç University, Turkey

This story was published in the Jan-Feb 2023 issue of HEY!. To read it and other stories from this issue in print, click here.